Ideal tool for optimizing the productivity of packaging lines
World leader in the primary and secondary packaging sector, Cavanna aims at achieving the maximum efficiency in the packaging lines and making the production process ever cheaper, faster and more sustainable.
Riccardo Cavanna, President and Lead Strategist of the company, says “To achieve this goal, at Ipack Ima we presented a digital platform, C-Connect, accessible, via single sign-on, both from computer and mobile, in which to find all the services dedicated to the single customer.”
All the various functions can be summarized into four major macroareas:
- Maintenance and Repair
• Digital technical documentation of the installed machinery (manuals, electrical and pneumatic diagrams, SAT / FAT documents or reports);
• E-Commerce on standard spare parts or upgrades. This Web Spares area is connected to the management system and allows, via web services, to have prices and availability of items in real time;
• E-Learning through video tutorials and trouble-shooting;
• 3D spare parts catalog to find interactively and without possibility of mistake the parts.
- Optimization and Planning
• Customer service to request immediate technical assistance and monitor progress;
• History of maintenance interventions to facilitate any training.
- Monitoring and Management
• Smart Monitoring Platform, a dashboard where you can see the real-time data of the machines in production. All users, from the workshop to senior management, can have access to this data by supervising and optimizing every aspect of the lines.
Furthermore, it is possible to monitor the hours worked of known functional groups, sending notifications via e-mail when the end of life is reached. This allows to make decisions and order replacement parts in no time, improving efficiency and solving downtime immediately.
- Value-added services
• Digital Twin, a Cavanna proprietary simulation tool to help design complex systems guaranteeing certain OEE values, experimenting with different “what-if scenario” and allowing the customer to make the right decisions.
“The experience accumulated, with over 30 lines already connected, has shown us that a connected machine records performances of over 20% and a 78% reduction in interruptions thanks also to preventive maintenance and Cavanna’s expertise”, declares Antonio Marangon, Service Division Manager.
Concluding “The possibility of interacting with our technicians remotely, through the Cavanna Support APP, both via chat and video call, has been a success in these pandemic years as it has allowed, despite the restrictions and difficulties to travel, a significant time saving and immediate problem solution. Through this APP in these first two years of operation of the C-Connect corporate platform we have closed more than 450 tickets with a customer satisfaction rate of 97% “.